Angels Gun Club, Inc
Election of new Directors and Officers- December 7, 2018 Dinner Meeting
ALERT DECEMBER 7, 2018 DINNER COST WILL BE $20.00
REMINDER....... Dues are due January 1, 2019. Get your dues in early to avoid paying a $250 reinstatement fee.!!!
Trap Practice Hours
Sunday 9am to Last Shooter
Tuesday 5 PM to last shooter
Wednesdays 12:00 to 3:30 PM
RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE
Hours 8 AM to dusk. No one is allowed to shoot during trapshooting practice hours on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday OR if there is a shooting event going on.
Rifle and Pistol ranges use paper targets ONLY. No metal targets on ranges are allowed.
CHANGES IN 2019 DUES
DUES WILL BE INCREASING FOR THE 2019 MEMBERSHIP YEAR.
REGULAR MEMBERS $100
SENIORS - $55 For those seniors who are 60 years old AND has 20 years as a member as of 2018.
New member initiation fee will increase to $150
Members Dinner Increase
In order to cover our costs for the Friday night monthly meeting dinner, we have to increase the costs for the dinner and drinks effective at the December 2018 dinner.
Dinner - $20
Well Drinks & Wine $3.00
Beer - $2.50
Water $ 1.00
NEWSLETTER & INVOICES
A newsletter and dues invoice will be going out sometime in October. Watch for it!
PLEASE BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS, EMAIL AND TELEPHONE NUMBER WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR DUES.
If you have changed your address since last year, please notify us now.
Meet the Officers
Dave Verhalen President/Trap Master 209-736-4259
James Castle Vice President
Don Kappler Treasurer
Jill Castle Secretary
Jon Kitchell George Mather Roger Moore Curly Schwoerer
Ron Aspesi Ken Gaultney Renee Kappler
Bill Bolton Mike Fish Nioma Mather Clay Dillashaw
Rifle/Pistol Range Master - Mike "Curly" Schwoerer 209-743-1121
Dave Verhalen - 209-736-4259
Trap & New Membership - Ron Aspesi 209-770-3292
Dues - Jill Castle
Clubhouse Use Information for Members Only - Jon Kitchell 209-559-3333
Members only club -
Initiation fee - $150
Dues fee - $100
Annual dues beginning in the 2019 year, are $100.00 for Regular Member
$55.00 -Members with 20 or more years as a member AND 60 yrs of age or older.
To become a member fill out the application form from this website and mail to:
Angels Gun Club, P.O. Box 842 Angels Camp, CA 95222.
In previous years the gun club allowed a generous grace period to pay dues. Rules were changed for 2019 where dues are late after January 31st. Members WILL BE DROPPED if not paid by the due date. To reinstate after the deadline, a $250 charge will be assessed.
- Close and lock gate after entering and leaving the rifle/Pistol Range.
- Follow "range Rules posted
- NO bottles, barrels or cans are to be used for targets on any range.
- NO alcoholic beverages permitted on grounds.
- You must be a member to use the rifle/pistol range.
- Ranges are closed during trapshooting events. Includes practice
- Raise the red flag when shooting at the pistol range.
- IF there is a problem or question, please call the President or Range Master of the club.
- Anyone may ask to see your membership card. If you refuse, you may be ejected from the property.
RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE RULES
Metal targets and steel bullets are prohibited on the pistol and rifle ranges. Anyone caught using metal targets will be asked to leave the property and will be in violation of safety rules and fire rules and will be referred to the Board of Directors.
Trapshooting- 5 automated voice trap stations. Practice on Sunday morning, Tuesday evenings and Wednesday afternoons.
Rifle Range /Archery
Rifle, and Archery ranges - Open to members only when there is no trapshooting practices or leagues shooting, Available from 8 AM until 5 P.M
Pistol Range - Small yardage outside pistol range.
Range Master is not on sight and shooters use at their own risk. Only available during times when there is no trapshooting. Members Only.
1. All gun handling safety rules are strictly enforced.
2. No one forward of the firing line until all firearms are grounds with the action open, and empty chamber indicators are in place.
3. No one will handle any firearm, while anyone is forward of the firing line.
4. Hearing and eye protection will be worn at all times by everyone forward of the caution/safety line.
5. Hearing and eye protection is strongly recommended behind the caution/ safety line.
6. Members and guests will be responsible for safe handling of all firearms.
7. Minors under age 18 MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
8. Non Members must be accompanied by an active member of the club to utilize the shooting ranges.
9. Steel ammunition and metal targets are not allowed on the shooting ranges at any time.
49er league -
All members and their guests are eligible to shoot the 49er League which happens every March. Teams can choose to shoot on Tuesday or Thursday nights. First shoot starts at 6 PM and rotates each week by 1/2 hr. No shoots during rain but is determined by the Trapsmaster . Nine week shoot total and shooters shoot one single and one handicap round. Awards are given to HOA Team and Shooter with 5 Divisions each being awarded a 1st place and Runner up award. Junior shooters and Lady's HOA and Runner UP also.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the 49er League contact Dave Verhalen.
New rules 2018
Applications will be sent out to those teams who shot last year. First year membership fee is $150.00. 49er Trap League fee is 105.00 each member or $525.00 per team. This must be paid by the first shoot.
ATTENTION: ANGELS GUN CLUB MEMBERS AND OTHER SHOOTERS.
In 2017 the Angels Gun Club had a audit with the IRS. In 2018, we must change the way we operate the gun club. The facilities can be used by members & guest of members only. In order to shoot the 49er League, each team must have at least one club member on the team. All money must come through the member of the gun club. No checks will be accepted from non-members. This rule is for team registration, purchase of shells and purchases at the kitchen.
2018 49ER LEAGUE
League Champions - Claybuster - 1994
Division I Champions - Proctologists - 1977
Div. I Runner-Up - Seasoned Rangers - 1882
Div. 2 Champions -Shut Your Trap - 1866
Div. 3 Champions - Arnold Auton - 1752
Div. 4 Champions - The Regulators - 1689
HOA - Colton Vines
Lady Champion - Jill Castle - 314
Lady Runner Up - Denise Brower - 262
AA Champion - Tony Bettanini -336
AA Runner- Up - Colton Vines -333
A Champion - Vince Grimes - 314
B Champion - Curly Schwoerer - 306
B Runner Up - Joe Ziehlke - 303
C Champion - Tyler Canton - 316
C Runner Up - Bob Post - 300
D Champion - Jim Roth - 288
D Runner Up - Jesse Decoste - 284
E Champion - Garry Moore - 265
E Runner Up - Don Kappler - 264