Angels Gun Club, Inc
Founded in 1947, the Angels Gun Club has successfully promoted its Mission to promote safe handling of firearms and advocate the proper fundamentals of shotgun, rifle and pistol shooting marksmanship. The AGC is guided by the founding spirit of the Club's Founding Members and advocated to the ideals of patriotism and being good stewards of the community.
Board of Supervisors Uphold the Planning Commission Ruling
The Angels Gun Club Board of Directors wish to extend our gratitude for the members and public input given on our behalf at this meeting. Thomas Tryon appealed the decision of the planning commission to the Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors vote was 4 to 0, with one supervisor absent, in favor of upholding the Planning Commission ruling that the Angels Gun Club is a "legal, non-conforming use".
Trap Practice Hours
Tuesday 5 PM
Wednesdays 12:00 to 3:30 PM
RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE
Sunday -Closed 8 AM to 1 P.M.
Tuesday - Closed at 4 PM.
Wednesday - Closed 11:00 AM
OR if there is a shooting event going on.
Rifle and Pistol ranges use paper targets ONLY. No steel targets on ranges are allowed or steel ammunition.
If you have changed your address or e-mail since last year, please notify us now.
Angels Gun Club clubhouse is available for rent by members . If you are a member and wish to rent the club house contact Renee Kappler
795-3109. The normal cost of rental is $250 plus $150 for cleaning and a proof of liability insurance.
Meet the Officers - 2019
- Dave VerHalen President/Trap Master
- Clay Dillashaw - Vice President
- Don Kappler - Treasurer
- Renee Kappler - Secretary
Rifle/Pistol Range Master -
Mike "Curly" Schwoerer 209-743-1121
Dave VerHalen - 209-736-4259
Trap & New Membership -
Dave VerHalen - 209-736-4259
Ron Aspesi 209-770-3292
Members only club -
Initiation fee - $150
Dues fee - $100
Annual dues beginning in the 2019 year, are $100.00 for Regular Member
$55.00 -Members with 20 or more years as a member AND 60 yrs of age or older.
To become a member fill out the application form and have your application signed by your sponsoring member. Download your application from this website and mail to:
Angels Gun Club, P.O. Box 842 Angels Camp, CA 95222.
In previous years the gun club allowed a generous grace period to pay dues. Rules were changed for 2019 where dues are late after January 31st. Members WILL BE DROPPED if not paid by the due date. To reinstate after the deadline, a $250 charge will be assessed.
- Close and lock gate after entering and leaving the rifle/Pistol Range.
- Follow "range Rules posted
- NO bottles, barrels or cans are to be used for targets on any range.
- NO alcoholic beverages permitted on grounds.
- You must be a member to use the rifle/pistol range.
- Ranges are closed during trapshooting events. Includes practice. Signs are posted at the gate.
- Raise the red flag when shooting at the pistol range.
- IF there is a problem or question, please call the President or Range Master of the club.
- Anyone may ask to see your membership card. If you refuse, you may be ejected from the property.
RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE RULES
Metal targets and steel ammunition are prohibited on the pistol and rifle ranges. Anyone caught using metal targets will be asked to leave the
property and will be in violation of safety rules and fire rules and will be referred to the Board of Directors. Shooters must ONLY shoot towards the target backstops and not toward any other direction adjacent to the gun club property. Throwing targets in the air or placing targets on top of fenceposts is prohibited.
Trapshooting- 5 automated voice trap stations. Practice on Sunday morning, Tuesday evenings and Wednesday afternoons.
Rifle Range /Archery
Rifle, and Archery ranges - Open to members only when there is no trapshooting practices or leagues shooting, Available from 8 AM until 5 P.M
Pistol Range - Small yardage outside pistol range.
Range Master is not on sight and shooters use at their own risk. Only available during times when there is no trapshooting. Members Only.
1. All gun handling safety rules are strictly enforced.
2. No one forward of the firing line until all firearms are grounds with the action open, and empty chamber indicators are in place.
3. No one will handle any firearm, while anyone is forward of the firing line.
4. Hearing and eye protection will be worn at all times by everyone forward of the caution/safety line.
5. Hearing and eye protection is strongly recommended behind the caution/ safety line.
6. Members and guests will be responsible for safe handling of all firearms.
7. Minors under age 18 MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
8. Non Members must be accompanied by an active member of the club to utilize the shooting ranges.
9. Steel ammunition and metal targets are not allowed on the shooting ranges at any time.
49er League 2019
Every year usually the first or second week of March, the Angels Gun Club hosts the 49er League.
All members and their guests are eligible to shoot the 49er League which happens every March. Teams can choose to shoot on Tuesday or Thursday nights. First shoot starts at 6 PM and rotates each week by 1/2 hr. No shoots during rain but is determined by the Trapsmaster . Nine week shoot total and shooters shoot one single and one handicap round. Awards are given to HOA Team and Shooter with 5 Divisions each being awarded a 1st place and Runner up award. Junior shooters and Lady's HOA and Runner UP also.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the 49er League contact Dave Verhalen.
New rules 2019
Applications will be sent out to those teams who shot last year. 49er Trap League fee is 110.00 each member or $550.00 per team. This must be paid by the first shoot.
ATTENTION: ANGELS GUN CLUB MEMBERS AND OTHER SHOOTERS.
In 2017 the Angels Gun Club had a audit with the IRS. In 2018, we must change the way we operate the gun club.
Members are allowed to bring 6 non members to shoot and is responsible for payment of all fees and purchases for that non member.
In order to shoot the 49er League, each team must have at least one club member on the team. All money must come through the member of the gun club. No checks will be accepted from non-members. This rule is for team registration, purchase of shells and purchases at the kitchen.
2019 49ER LEAGUE Winners
League Champions - Claybuster Division I Champions - Shut Your Trap
Div. 2 Champions -Carrion Wayward Sons
Div. 3 Champions - Big Trees Sportsman
Div. 4 Champions - The Regulators
HOA - Colton Vines
Lady Champion - Jill Castle
Lady Runner-Up - Denise Brewer
50 Straight - Colton Vines
Junior Champion - Cade Emerson
Junior Runner-Up - Devon Wilden
AA Runner- Up - Bill Ladd
A Champion - Danny Lane
A Runner Up - Dan Cotton
B Champion - Mike Hayes
B Runner Up - Bill Morales
C Champion - Cody Fish
C Runner Up - Jim Pouge
D Champion - Logan Lowe
D Runner Up - Tim Lombardi
E Champion - Justin Brooks
E Runner Up - Martin Kafka