THE NEXT DINNER MEETING WILL BE December 1st @ 7PM –
DOORS OPEN AT 5:30
$25 FOR A STEAK DINNER
WITH ALL THE FIXINGS FOR MEMBERS AND THEIR GUEST.
P.S. There is an early bird cocktail period from 5:30 to 6:15 with specialty drinks not available later.
The trap will be open before dinner from 3:30 – 6:30.
Elections will be held during the December 1st dinner. The nominees are:
President-Clay Dillashaw, Vice President-George Mather, Treasurer-Donald Kappler, Secretary-Renee Kappler. Directors: Nioma Mather, Michael Oliveira, Bill Bolton, Mike Borean, Jon Dashner, Chad Case, Mike Renkoski, Aldie Broglio, Donovan Hamanaka, Joe Whittle and Rick Randolph. 6 to be elected.
Next Board Meeting is Scheduled for 6:00 pm December 4th
A copy of the meeting agenda is available upon request by any member
Saturday December 9th, 2023
Doors open at 5pm Dinner at 6:30pm
Prime Rib, baked potatoes, sauteed vegetables, salad, rolls and dessert
Appetizers will be served prior to dinner
$50.00 for members and their guests
Tickets available from officers and directors
Events in December 2023
Clay Dillashaw (209) 743-7832
- Nioma Mather
- Ron Aspesi
- Bill Bolton
- Michael Oliveira
- Chad Case
- Jon Dashner
- Pat Ashworth
- Dean Bell
- Dennis Mills
- Mike Borean
- Bob Middleton
- Lonnie Broglio
Ron Aspesi (209) 770-3292
Pat Ashworth (209) 728-3056
Ron Aspesi (209) 770-3292
Mike Borean (209) 743-8248
Renee Kappler (209) 419-1003
Angels Gun Club is a Members only club, 2024 dues will be as follows:
- Initiation fee – $150
- Dues fee – $150
Annual dues are:
$150.00 for Regular Member
$100.00 — Members with 20 or more years as a member AND are 60 yrs of age or older.
To become a member, fill out an application form, attach the application fee and have your application signed by your sponsoring member.
Angels Gun Club,
P.O. Box 842
Angels Camp, CA 95222.
Non Members must be accompanied by a member in order to shoot at the Angels Gun Club shooting ranges.
If you have any questions about membership, contact the membership chairman Mike Borean 209-743-8248
We are adding many new members every month. With the high level of interest in becoming a member, the club may have to place potential applicants on a waiting list. If you have someone interested in joining, we suggest they get their application in soon.
The Angels Gun Club, established in 1947 by WW2 veterans as a community-based organization that provides a safe location for marksmanship proficiency. For seventy-five years, the Angels Gun Club has been enjoyed by thousands of members of the community.
The Angels Gun Club is under attack. Another lawsuit from a former member, Larry Sarkis (resident of Hawaii), has been recently filed. Mr. Sarkis was removed from membership legally because he violated membership rules and initiated litigation in 2014 which was settled. Now he is alleging the Angels Gun Club failed to comply with the terms of the initial agreement.
This new attack threatens the very existence of the Angels Gun Club, the only recognized legal shooting facility in Calaveras County. The future of our facility, that generations have used and enjoyed, is now in jeopardy.
The Officers and Directors are vigorously defending against this attack. We are inviting our community to support the members of the Angels Gun Club to defeat this unwarranted attack.
Metal targets and steel ammunition are prohibited on the pistol and rifle ranges. Anyone caught using metal targets will be asked to leave the property and will be in violation of safety rules and fire rules and will be referred to the Board of Directors. Shooters shall ONLY shoot towards the target backstops and not toward any other direction adjacent to the gun club property. Throwing targets in the air or placing targets on top of fence-posts is prohibited.
- The four digit code in the upper left corner of your 2023 card is the access code to the rifle/pistol range gate
- After entering the code be sure to press “send” to open the gate
- Close and lock gate after entering and leaving the rifle/Pistol Range.
- Follow “range Rules posted
- NO bottles, barrels or cans are to be used for targets on any range.
- NO alcoholic beverages permitted on grounds.
- You must be a member to use the rifle/pistol range.
- Rifle and pistol ranges are closed during trapshooting events. Includes practice. Signs are posted at the gate.
- Raise the red flag when shooting at the pistol range.
- IF there is a problem or question, please call the President or Range Master of the club.
- Anyone may ask to see your membership card. If you refuse, you may be ejected from the property
- All gun handling safety rules are strictly enforced.
- No one forward of the firing line until all firearms are grounds with the action open, and empty chamber indicators are in place.
- No one will handle any firearm, while anyone is forward of the firing line.
- Hearing and eye protection will be worn at all times by everyone forward of the caution/safety line.
- Hearing and eye protection is strongly recommended behind the caution/ safety line.
- Members and guests will be responsible for safe handling of all firearms.
- Minors under age 18 MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- Non Members must be accompanied by an active member of the club to utilize the shooting ranges.
- Steel ammunition and metal targets are not allowed on the shooting ranges at any time.
Trapshooting – 5 automated voice trap stations. Practice on Sunday morning from 9 to noon and Wednesday from 11 to 4.
Rifle, and Archery ranges – Open to members only when there is no trapshooting practices or leagues active on the trap range, Available from 8 AM until 5 P.M
Pistol Range – Small yardage outside pistol range. Range Master is not on site and shooters use at their own risk. Only available during times when there is no trapshooting. Members Only. We provide the backstops for shooters, please bring your own targets. No metal targets are permitted. Be sure to “raise the flag” when you are on the Pistol Range and take it down again when you leave.
Despite some weather delays the league will continue until everyone has completed. The most current scores are posted in the trap house.
Please contact Ron Aspesi at 209-770-3292 for details